Add your voice!


....... add your voice by clicking on an article title and leaving your message in the Comments box (English welcome, of course!)

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happiness Corner (幸福角落): A Restaurant Review

Harry Zhang

     Happiness Corner is a restaurant I visit frequently. I am an international student from mainland China, and I had trouble getting accustomed to food in Taiwan in the early days. However, this Italian food restaurant really suits to my taste.

 
All photos by the author
     This restaurant is neat and well-decorated with clean glass dining tables, soft yellow lighting, and the most wonderful paintings on the wall. There are green trees, aromatic flowers (I can almost smell their aroma; sorry to be so dramatic) and kids flying kites. On the wall there are also some photos of people who have come here before with their smiles and delighted gestures, indicating their joyful dining experience.



     The menu at Happiness Corner has something for everyone. People who enjoy western food may choose pasta, gratin, garlic toast, French fries, fried or roast chicken, or curry. People who like Chinese food can enjoy delicious set meals that include rice, vegetables, meat and soup. I love the Tung-po meat very much with its fresh tender texture and rich flavor; and it’s not too fatty! Beverages include black and green tea, milk tea, Chinese watermelon tea, lemonade, and Tapioca tea. I don’t like the black tea in most restaurants near FCU because it is too sweet, so I strongly recommend the low-sugar green tea, which is healthy and refreshing.

     The owner of the Happiness Corner is outgoing and talkative. When I am waiting for my meal, we always talk about various social issues and events. Since we come from different countries, we have lots of interesting things to share. Through our conversations, I gain a deeper insight into Taiwan society; that’s why I was so deeply impressed the first time I came to this restaurant. The owner is friendly and pleased to make friends with international students, who tend to visit this restaurant frequently.



     The boss at Happiness Corner is not only a restaurant owner; he is a health food salesman as well. Besides selling his products, he actively advocates a healthy diet and life-style. For instance, he encourages me to keep a regular schedule, avoid staying up late, and eat as little junk food as possible. Only in this way can I keep energetic and do well in school.     

     The food in Happiness Corner is a little bit more expensive than a set meal at other places, but I promise its price is acceptable for students. If you have no idea where you’re going to have dinners (I’m pretty sure that worries most of us at FCU), why don’t you give it a try?  I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

Happiness Corner
Address:  No. 21, Lane 138, Wenhwa Road., Xitun District, Taichung
Hours: MonThu & Sat: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Fri: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Phone: (04)2452-9189 or 0988489658
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/%E5%B9%B8%E7%A6%8F%E8%A7%92%E8%90%BD/101253223299037?id=101253223299037&sk=info

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do NOT link any other web pages to your message. If you do this, your message will be deleted!