Add your voice!


....... add your voice by clicking on an article title and leaving your message in the Comments box (English welcome, of course!)

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Lovely Princess of Music - Taylor Swift

Coco Hsiao

In my free time, I love listening to music on the radio while reading. Recently, I heard a light and sweet melody that really touched my heart. The songs came from my favorite singer, Taylor Swift”, and I can’t forget the beautiful sound even now.

Taylor Swift is American. She has been a singer since she was only 14 years old, and she is also an excellent guitarist and songwriter. Taylor is really good at writing stories and poems. Just like a dream maker, she creates her own musical reverie and put lots of ideas and feelings from daily life into her songs. Hearing Taylor’s music is like reading her diary because she insists on writing songs that resonate with the listeners. Now, she is the most famous country and pop music singer in the world.

Fearless is Taylor Swift’s second album and the most successful one in her career. This album broke the sales record and no other singer can even come close. The concept behind Fearless is that Taylor wanted not only to express herself, but remind all young girls that they should pursue their true love without any fear or hesitation. No pain, no gain; just believe and put your all into the fight!

 Music video courtesy Big Machine Records (http://youtu.be/8xg3vE8Ie_E)

I like “Love story” the most on this album. Taylor used the romantic story Romeo & Juliet as the background because her boyfriend and she were in the same situation. In her song, she shares her experience and tells everyone to be brave against the challenges if their love is true. Love is like a dream of a sweet fairytale that you should try once. When I heard this song, I felt hopeful about everything. No matter what difficulties we face, we should try hard to resolve them if they are important. “Love Story” not only encouraged me to have an unforgettable love experience, but also taught me an attitude toward life.  

                           Music video courtesy Big Machine Records  (http://youtu.be/VuNIsY6JdUw)

The second song on the Fearless album is, “You Belong With Me,” another one of my favorites. The song lyric is tinged with satire. It’s about a quiet girl competing against a cheerleader, and the singer speaks sarcastically about the boy who dumped her. I love some of the lyric: “Dreaming about the day when you wake up, and find what you’re looking for has been here the whole time. If you could see that I am the one who understands you, been here all along, why can’t you see?” I was touched by the lyric because people often search for happiness in faraway places when the real blessedness has been at their side all the time. It’s hard for people to cherish what they already have.

Taylor also has different styles of songs that you must try. In one of her most special songs, “Safe & Sound,” she gets together with The Civil War Band from the movie Hunger Games soundtrack.

I enjoy Taylor’s attractive voice and musical style. Her songs not only refreshed my tired spirit, but also reminded me to take more careful notice of my daily life. When she sings about her own life, she speaks all teenagers’ thoughts, and we can hear our lives in her lyrics. You should hear at least one of Taylor’s songs; I’m sure that you will feel it is memorable and that you will become one of her fans!



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please do NOT link any other web pages to your message. If you do this, your message will be deleted!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.