Add your voice!


....... add your voice by clicking on an article title and leaving your message in the Comments box (English welcome, of course!)

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Preparing for the Graduate School Entrance Exam

Terry Lee

At each stage of our lives, we all have to make some crucial decisions for our future. In my junior year here at Feng Chia University, I decided to prepare for graduate school. The field which I chose was civil engineering.

Because my college major is finance, I faced lots of trouble initially. For example, I had forgotten how to solve some basic physics problems. Therefore, I made a crazy decision; I gave up all my department courses in my junior year and took courses only in civil engineering. Fortunately, I had already passed all of my department courses, so I would have enough credits to graduate.
 
All photos by the author
Hence, I could put all my energy to my study of civil engineering and didn’t have to worry about how well I did. When my junior year ended, I started to study at the library for at least 9 hours each day with only a half-hour nap in the afternoon. In addition, I replaced my “smart” cell phone with an old-fashioned “dumb” phone so that I wouldn’t be tempted to play with it all the time; I wanted to concentrate on my studies.

Whenever things were not going well, I always tried to stay positive, and not give up. I told myself that I was good enough to be accepted by the top schools in the country, and that belief helped me succeed.


Now that I have conquered this huge challenge, I realize that I have become more mature. I am not the lazy guy who always used to complain about how hard things were or how tired I was. I have learned how to endure pressure and resist temptation.

The most important thing is that I really appreciate the people who helped me along the way. I thank all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do NOT link any other web pages to your message. If you do this, your message will be deleted!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.